Monday, April 13, 2009

Never, never, never judge a book by its cover. A must view.



Trust me. Watch this, and watch it now. Then go and read what I say. But don't waste another second.

Wow. This is absofuckinglutely a joy. I can honestly say that this brought tears to my eyes. I sat in my room, in the middle of the night, applauding, and I mean literally applauding this woman, Susan Boyle. You can see how the crowd was ready to laugh her off the stage. The only person who thought she could do it was the woman herself. And boy, did she show them. Her life will never be the same after this.

She was born with a disability. She says "that made me a target for bullies. I was called names because of my fuzzy hair and because I struggled in class." She asked the teachers for help with the bullying but never got it. She says, "words often hut more than cuts and bruises and the scares are still there." She never had a boy friend, never married, and I suspect never thought much exciting would happen to her.

It was her mother, Bridget, who wanted her to try out for this talent show. But she was reluctant, she didn't think she was good enough. Her mother kept encouraging her to do so but Susan didn't try. It was only after her mother died that Susan said she "plucked up the courage to enter." Only when she realized she wanted to make her mother proud of her did she decide "to take the risk and enter the show."

Simon Cowell, whose show this is, has already entered contract negotiations with Boyle to have her join the Sony BMG label.

Susan Boyle has had a small life. She lives in the same council house that her parents lived in when they were alive. She was raised there and still sleeps in the same room she did as a child. She says she was never kissed and regrets she never had children.

This story, and this video, are a pure pleasure for me.

Note: There is a very concerted effort to stop this video from being posted anywhere with embedded coding so it is easy to watch. This really makes no sense. I have reposted it with new coding that will hopefully work but they are really trying to make it impossible to add this video to various sites.

Labels: